Alternative Investment A LEADING PROVIDER OF ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENT SOLUTIONS
A long track record based on responsibility and conviction
Candriam Investors Group has been running alternative investment strategies since 1996, steadily innovation and building a wide range of solutions to meet investor's various needs.
Candriam Investors Group has attained a leading position in the management of regulated alternatives in Europe, with an in-depth understanding of the specificities of its local markets.
Our goal is simple: to identify and exploit inefficiencies across asset classes to provide consistent long-term returns.
All of our alternative investment solutions are grounded in our philosophy: conviction – seizing the best opportunities available on behalf of our clients – and responsibility – acknowledging our full accountability for the performance of their assets.
Our alternative investment strategies receive regular recognition from major financial publications including Eurohedge, Hedge Fund Manager and Hedge Fund Review.
- Candriam has been named among the top 50 hedge fund managers in Europe by both Hedge Fund Journal and Institutional Investor each year since these journals began their rankings
A partner you can trust
- Our solutions are fully in line with UCITS and AIFM regulations
- We place great importance on risk management, with an independent department ensuring our funds comply with all relevant limits
- 14 strategies in four investment categories: absolute return, alternative assets, external multi-management and alternative solutions
- Funds grouped into three distinct risk categories: low, medium or high volatility targets
- Funds with daily, weekly or monthly liquidity
- Pooled funds, dedicated funds or managed accounts
A distinguished track record
Over the years our alternatives strategies have built up strong risk-adjusted performance track records, with above-average Sharpe ratios.
And thanks to our conviction and responsibility philosophy, they have proved their resilience in difficult market conditions: 55% of our strategies rose in value in 2008, and 64% in 2011.
A team approach
Managing alternative investments is a complex business, and requires more than just a single investment team.
At the heart of our capabilities is a pool of senior fund managers who have been working together for an average of 14 years.
The expert input of a large number of investment specialists and support teams across our company have also been instrumental in our success in this area.
A compelling proposition
We believe there are some excellent reasons to choose Candriam for alternatives:
- We have been running UCITS-compliant and onshore alternatives solutions since 1996
- Our boutique alternatives structure is backed up by the strength of a leading European asset manager
- We have considerable alternatives resources, including 34 experienced fund managers and analysts and 20 people supporting theses teams
- We provide a wide range of options: 14 strategies across several asset classes, and covering distinct risk and return profiles and liquidity schedules
- Ability to customise dedicated solutions
- A strong track record, including in periods of market stress